A Whimsical Ruched Patchwork Pumpkin Pincushion: Mission Accomplished!

My lovely (well, I think so!) ruched patchwork pincushion is now finished. I changed the angle so that I could see more ruched surfaces at any one time and added some more pumpkin leaves. I also changed the pale twill tendril for a darker felt one. I felt it was more dramatic and a nicer contrast to the oranges of the pumpkin body. I kept the stalk pale – again for contrast and because, well, sometimes I’m just a little contrary and it’s the way I wanted it to be.

100_8645

100_8654.1

Then,  just as I said to my daughter Wendee, “I think I’ll put a button here to break up these leaves at the back, what do you think?” She said “Yeah, that’s okay, but a snail would be better!” So of course from there it snowballed to Ladybirds as well, because this is Whirly Whimsies after all so there has to be some whimsy about it – perfect! Just goes to show you that 2 heads are sometimes better than 1.

100_8657A

This side-on view shows the change in angle. I added leaves underneath too. I wanted it to look nice from all angles, and there were one or two ugly (and tenacious) bits of hot glue to hide, so the leaves did the trick.

             100_8659

Now it’s going straight on to my newly tidied sewing table……..

100_8661A

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s